§ 270.2a-4 Definition of “current net asset value” for use in computing periodically the current price of redeemable security.(a) The current net asset value of any redeemable security issued by a registered investment company used in computing periodically the current price for the purpose of distribution, redemption, and repurchase means an amount which reflects calculations, whether or not recorded in the books of account, made substantially in accordance with the following, with estimates used where necessary or appropriate.
(1) Portfolio securities with respect to which market quotations are readily available shall be valued at current market value, and other securities and assets shall be valued at fair value as determined in good faith by the board of directors of the registered company.
(2) Changes in holdings of portfolio securities shall be reflected no later than in the first calculation on the first business day following the trade date.
(3) Changes in the number of outstanding shares of the registered company resulting from distributions, redemptions, and repurchases shall be reflected no later than in the first calculation on the first business day following such change.
(4) Expenses, including any investment advisory fees, shall be included to date of calculation. Appropriate provision shall be made for Federal income taxes if required. Investment companies which retain realized capital gains designated as a distribution to shareholders shall comply with paragraph (h) of §210.6–03 of Regulation S-X.
(5) Dividends receivable shall be included to date of calculation either at ex-dividend dates or record dates, as appropriate.
(6) Interest income and other income shall be included to date of calculation.
(b) The items which would otherwise be required to be reflected by paragraphs (a) (4) and (6) of this section need not be so reflected if cumulatively, when netted, they do not amount to as much as one cent per outstanding share.
(c) Notwithstanding the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, any interim determination of current net asset value between calculations made as of the close of the New York Stock Exchange on the preceding business day and the current business day may be estimated so as to reflect any change in current net asset value since the closing calculation on the preceding business day.
(Secs. 7, 19(a), 48 Stat. 78, 85, 908, 15 U.S.C. 77g, 77s(a); secs. 12, 13, 15(d), 23(a), 48 Stat. 892, 894, 895, 901; secs. 3, 8, 49 Stat. 1377, 1379, secs. 3, 4, 78 Stat. 569, 570, secs. 1, 2, 82 Stat. 454, 15 U.S.C. 78l, 78m, 78o(d), 78w(a); secs. 8, 22, 30, 31(c), 38(a), 54 Stat. 803, 823, 836, 838, 841, 15 U.S.C. 80a–8, 80a–22, 80a–29, 80a–30(c))
[29 FR 19101, Dec. 30, 1964, as amended at 35 FR 314, Jan. 8, 1970; 47 FR 56844, Dec. 21, 1982]
As of Read Date 3/19/12 ALL US Laws and Rules on Securities from the SEC are subject to change and update and you MUST confirm as filing or relying.
DCarsonCPA.com is the web presence of Dean T. Carson II, CPA here to support Business, Non Profits and Individuals with Practice built on 16+ years hands on experience in CFO / Controlling and Senior Management Facing roles in both Permanent and Project Consulting Capacities. With specific area expertise in Asset Management and other Financial Services Entities in addition to General Business needs. Seeing value in using Industry expertise to better connect to the Regulations that bind on Industry Compliance, Taxation and more in compliment to GAAP, IFRS and what other Client driven needs exist.
To learn more and / or connect with us please visit http://www.dcarsoncpa.com/ here to support needs on Accounting, Taxation, Advisory, Compliance and more based on Client needs. In the world of Asset Management it's about a comprehensive understanding of the Business and a connection to important Industry and Business Line knowledge that can add value on services and a ready ability based on experience to connect with Senior Executives, Attorneys, Portfolio Managers, Regulators, Clients, Vendors and more in the best interest of supporting Client needs and compliance.
At the Boutique and Medium sized firm level it's the about the preconsideration we have placed to develop efficient teamwork capabilites to support Clients on Financial Decision Making in broad ways - Taxes, Accounting, Data, Research and more. At the Bulge Bracket level it's about key consulting on Projects for Financial Decision Makers in leading roles.