FFEIC Bank Reporting :
§ 1750.4 Minimum capital requirement computation.
(a) The minimum capital requirement for each Enterprise shall be computed by adding the following amounts:
(1) 2.50 percent times the aggregate on-balance sheet assets of the Enterprise;
(2) 0.45 percent times the unpaid principal balance of mortgage-backed securities and substantially equivalent instruments that were issued or guaranteed by the Enterprise;
(3) 0.45 percent of 50 percent of the average dollar amount of commitments outstanding each quarter over the preceding four quarters;
(4) 0.45 percent of the outstanding principal amount of bonds with multifamily credit enhancements;
(5) 0.45 percent of the dollar amount of sold portfolio remittances pending;
(6)(i) 3.00 percent of the credit equivalent amount of interest rate contracts and foreign exchange rate contracts, except to the extent of the current market value of posted qualifying collateral, computed in accordance with appendix A to this subpart;
(ii) 1.50 percent of the market value of qualifying collateral posted to secure interest rate and foreign exchange rate contracts, not to exceed the credit equivalent amount of such contracts, computed in accordance with appendix A to this subpart; and
(7) 0.45 percent of the outstanding amount, credit equivalent amount, or other measure determined appropriate by the Director, of other off-balance sheet obligations (excluding commitments, multifamily credit enhancements, sold portfolio remittances pending, and interest rate contracts and foreign exchange rate contracts), except as adjusted by the Director to reflect differences in the credit risk of such obligations in relation to mortgage-backed securities.
(b) Any asset or financial obligation that is properly classifiable in more than one of the categories enumerated in paragraphs (a) (1) through (7) of this section shall be classified in the category that yields the highest minimum capital requirement.
(c) As used in this section, the term “preceding four quarters” means the last day of the quarter just ended (or the date for which the minimum capital report is filed, if different), and the three preceding quarter-ends.
As of Read Date 2/13/12 ALL US BANK Laws subject to change and update and you MUST confirm as filing or relying.
DCarsonCPA.com connecting the line on Government, Industry, Business, Non Profit and Individual Financial, Tax and Compliance Reporting for Decision Makers. Here to support Client Financials and Analytics, Compliance and more.