§ 270.2a-4 Definition of “current net asset value” for use in computing periodically the current price of redeemable security.
(a) The current net asset value of any redeemable security issued by a registered investment company used in computing periodically the current price for the purpose of distribution, redemption, and repurchase means an amount which reflects calculations, whether or not recorded in the books of account, made substantially in accordance with the following, with estimates used where necessary or appropriate.
(1) Portfolio securities with respect to which market quotations are readily available shall be valued at current market value, and other securities and assets shall be valued at fair value as determined in good faith by the board of directors of the registered company.
(2) Changes in holdings of portfolio securities shall be reflected no later than in the first calculation on the first business day following the trade date.
(3) Changes in the number of outstanding shares of the registered company resulting from distributions, redemptions, and repurchases shall be reflected no later than in the first calculation on the first business day following such change.
(4) Expenses, including any investment advisory fees, shall be included to date of calculation. Appropriate provision shall be made for Federal income taxes if required. Investment companies which retain realized capital gains designated as a distribution to shareholders shall comply with paragraph (h) of §210.6–03 of Regulation S-X.
(5) Dividends receivable shall be included to date of calculation either at ex-dividend dates or record dates, as appropriate.
(6) Interest income and other income shall be included to date of calculation.
(b) The items which would otherwise be required to be reflected by paragraphs (a) (4) and (6) of this section need not be so reflected if cumulatively, when netted, they do not amount to as much as one cent per outstanding share.
(c) Notwithstanding the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, any interim determination of current net asset value between calculations made as of the close of the New York Stock Exchange on the preceding business day and the current business day may be estimated so as to reflect any change in current net asset value since the closing calculation on the preceding business day.
(Secs. 7, 19(a), 48 Stat. 78, 85, 908, 15 U.S.C. 77g, 77s(a); secs. 12, 13, 15(d), 23(a), 48 Stat. 892, 894, 895, 901; secs. 3, 8, 49 Stat. 1377, 1379, secs. 3, 4, 78 Stat. 569, 570, secs. 1, 2, 82 Stat. 454, 15 U.S.C. 78l, 78m, 78o(d), 78w(a); secs. 8, 22, 30, 31(c), 38(a), 54 Stat. 803, 823, 836, 838, 841, 15 U.S.C. 80a–8, 80a–22, 80a–29, 80a–30(c))
[29 FR 19101, Dec. 30, 1964, as amended at 35 FR 314, Jan. 8, 1970; 47 FR 56844, Dec. 21, 1982]
As of 2/27/12 - ALL US Securities Laws and Rules subject to change and update and you MUST confirm as filing or relying.
DCarsonCPA.com a Solution Set at the connecting points of Government, Industry, Business, Non Profit and Individual Financials, for related Project Consulting needs in Accounting, Finance, Taxation and Advisory including Business Analysis roles. Find us at http://www.dcarsoncpa.com/ we bring to you experience from CFO / Controlling and Senior Management Consulting roles in SEC and FINRA Regulated Entities and Financial Services with Hands on ownership of Financials and corresponding responsibilities for Accounting and Operations. We connect with Regs as a way of letting you know that we value compliance and that in a time of increasing Regulatory Responsibilities we are here to help you with the corresponding needs for support services.